Beware of fake mail links
As shown in the following figure, the link address in the email appears to be remit.zgr.sg, but when you move the cursor over the link, the mail client displays its real address.
If you accidentally click on the link, the fraudster may steal the data through a phishing website or via a network Trojan.
Beware of fake email identity
As shown in the figure below, although the sender’s name shows “Zhongguo Remittance”, the domain name of zhongguohuikuan.com is NOT the official website of Zhongguo Remittance Pte Ltd. We will not send emails through this domain name.
Our website is zhongguoremittance.com.
Our email address ends with “zhongguoremittance.com”.
Don’t click on unknown links
Fraudsters send bulk messages with fake links, and they may use fake URLs that look similar to real websites or use short links to hide fake URLs.
Common short links are: goo.gl, bit.ly, aka.ms, etc.
Not all short links are fake links. It is recommended to restore the short URL to confirm the real URL before clicking, and determine whether it is the official website.
⚠ How can you protect yourself from this?
- Always check that you are using the official Zhongguo Remittance website.
- Always type the Zhongguo Remittance Official website URL directly into the address bar of your browser.
Official website: zhongguoremittance.com, Web Remit: remit.zgr.sg.
- Always verify the details in messages from Zhongguo Remittance. Always check that the message reflects your intended actions and do not proceed or authorize suspicious transactions.
- Never disclose your ID, password or One-Time Password (OTP) to anyone, including our staff or law enforcement officers.
- If you find suspicious transactions in your account, please contact our Customer Service Center immediately (65) 6223 6366.
Customers are also encouraged to use the latest versions of internet browsers, which may provide advanced security features such as anti-phishing and forged website identification. If such features are available, customers are advised to turn them on.